Volleyball Heads to State
November 11 Update
“Together We Can” was the phrase that guided our volleyball team all season. And together, they…won the Section Championship…brought CA to the Xcel yet again for two games…and gave us countless reasons to yell, scream, and cheer with pride.
CA Volleyball team, thanks for bringing us together for an absolutely outstanding volleyball season!
November 10 Update
After a loss to Caledonia yesterday, CA moves to the Consolation Bracket of the Volleyball State Tournament on Friday, November 10. We play Redwood Valley on Court 2 of the Xcel Energy Center at 7:00 pm. Tickets can be purchased at https://www.mshsl.org/tickets.
On November 4, the Beacons won the Section 4AA Volleyball Championship and now advance to the 2023 State Volleyball Tournament. We’re incredibly proud of the work of this team and can’t wait to cheer for them at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul.
On Thursday, November 9, at 3:00 pm, CA plays Caledonia on Court 2 in our first 2023 State Tournament game. Because of the 3:00 start time, we will dismiss school early on Thursday. The Thursday schedule is as follows:
Block 2: 7:45 – 8:59 am
Block 4: 9:08 – 10:22 am
Block 6: 10:31 – 11:45 am
Lunch: 11:45 am – 12:15 pm
Block 8: 12:20 – 1:34 pm
A student fan bus will leave CA at 1:45 pm on Thursday and depart the Xcel 15 minutes after the game ends. The cost for the bus is $5 per student, and they may sign up and pay at lunch on Tuesday or Wednesday or by connecting with Mrs. Sell. The deadline to pay for a spot on the student fan bus is Wednesday at 3:00 pm.
On Thursday, students will receive a free t-shirt commemorating the Beacons’ participation in the State Tournament. Students are encouraged to wear them to the game that afternoon.
Admission to the State Tournament is $11 for students and $17 for adults (which includes all fees). Click here to buy your tickets ahead of time. Tickets are valid for all matches on a given day, but there are no in-out privileges at the Xcel. Please note the following important Xcel Energy Center policies.
- Xcel Energy is cashless. All tickets and concessions must be purchased with a credit or debit card. There is no advantage to waiting to purchase tickets after arriving at the Xcel.
- The Spectator Entrance is at Gate 1 at the Xcel Center, facing Kellogg Blvd.
- Bags, purses, and backpacks are not allowed. Leave them at CA and pick them up when you return after the game.
- Clutches, wristlets, and wallets sized 4.5″ x 6.5″ x 1.5″ are allowed.
- No beverages, food, balloons, laser pointers, noisemakers, air horns, horns, drums, or whistles will be allowed to be brought into the facility.
- No signs or banners may be hung in the facility. Handheld signs are allowed if they can be held by one person.
Friday’s game will be played at 7:00 pm, with the opponent to be determined. Once we know about a Saturday game, we will post that information on our social media channels. We are not planning to send fan busses on Friday or Saturday.
The Minnesota State High School League will offer a paid live stream of the tournament as part of their NSPN.TV streaming package. Click here for details. This is the only source for tournament streams. Any other streams you may see advertised are scams.
We can’t wait to see many students, parents, alumni, and other Beacon fans at the Xcel. Let’s go, Beacons!