Welcome! We are excited that you are interested in becoming part of the Concordia Academy community! Located minutes away from downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul, CA offers a safe, caring, university-preparatory high school for students around the world. Concordia Academy accepts students in grades 9-12 and offers F-1 visas for those who wish to complete their high school education here.
Please follow the application steps below. All documents should be submitted through your agent or directly to Kelsey Cocchiarella (email@example.com) by April 1.
International Student Application Steps
- Complete the application.
- Submit two recommendation forms completed by two different teachers at the student’s current school.
- The student should write a one-page essay in English about him/herself. Email the completed essay to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email an academic transcript translated into English to email@example.com.
- Submit a financial statement from the family, indicating the family’s ability to pay the tuition and fees. Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay a $200.00 USD non-refundable registration fee. This may be done via Flywire using an international bank account or via TADS using an American bank account or credit card.
- Complete an English proficiency test. Submit an official copy of the TOEFL, TOEFL Junior, or IELTS exam scores to email@example.com. Alternately, the student may take the Duolingo English Test and, when prompted, choose to have the scores sent to Concordia Academy. A minimum Duolingo score of 80 is required to be considered for admission into Concordia Academy’s international student program.
Once the above items are collected, a Skype (or in-person) interview will be scheduled. This interview will provide Concordia Academy, and/or partner recruitment agencies, the opportunity to meet and assess the student’s English and conversational skills, as well as some basic oral and written comprehension skills. Following the interview, the student will be notified of his/her acceptance to Concordia Academy.
Upon acceptance to Concordia Academy, a $2,000.00 USD, non-refundable, enrollment fee is due. This holds the student’s place in enrollment and allows Concordia to process documentation needed for acceptance, enrollment, and student visa application. An acceptance letter, I-20, and other documents required at the visa interview will be sent directly to the student which will be needed for his/her visa application.
If necessary, a student may apply for an academic scholarship for Concordia Academy. A student may apply for an academic scholarship of up to $3,000.00 USD if they hold a GPA of 3.5 or higher. Please fill out the Academic Scholarship Application if interested in applying for this scholarship.
Applying for a Student (F-1) Visa
To apply for a student visa, the student will need to have the following documentation to take to the embassy interview:
- A passport
- The acceptance letter from Concordia Academy
- The I-20 form from Concordia Academy
- The receipts for any payments made to Concordia Academy
- Proof of long-term financial support during the student’s time of study
- Proof of connections to the student’s home country and that he/she will return when their studies are completed
The student will need to show basic communication skills in English to complete the interview at the embassy.
After the Student Visa Is Approved
When the student receives visa approval, he/she should make travel plans and contact Concordia Academy with the date of arrival. It is required that students be in Minnesota no later than 5 days prior to the first day of school. New international students are required to attend the new student orientation. The first day of school is noted on the school calendar. In the event that a student visa is denied, a full refund, minus the registration fee of $200.00 USD, will be made upon presentation of the official government denial.
Please note: After a student’s visa has been approved, he/she should provide the school with proof of health insurance. Proof of health insurance is required in order to attend Concordia Academy. If no proof of health insurance is given to the school at least one week before the start of the school year, a student’s admission may be retracted.