Creativity is a God-given gift, and the Fine Arts Department offers a place to develop talents in the visual and performing arts with a career emphasis. In short, we are preparing Christians to make their innovative mark on the world through fine arts.
Features of the program:
- Rigorous core curriculum. Curriculum path includes the equivalent of 5 years of fine arts (including performance-based credits and academic credits). Students must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher in arts curriculum courses.
- Participation in at least one fall drama or spring musical.
- Internship of 40-hours, compiled in a portfolio for review.
- Independent research project, guided by a faculty mentor, and including field visits to museums or galleries.
- Book study with EAC cohort.
- Capstone Project of student work, presented in a portfolio as a capstone project, to be showcased in a public exhibition or performance.
Past internship locations include:
- Augsburg Fortress Publishing
- White Bear Center for the Arts
- 615 Media
- Megan Bell Studio
- Locally Grown Theatre
- Celebrate Dance Academy
- Upstream Arts
- Minnesota Book Restoration and Binding
Successful Emerging Artist Curriculum candidates will, upon completion, receive commendation on diplomas and on transcripts, as well as recognition at Concordia Academy’s Honors Convocation.