Affording a Christian Education
Concordia Academy is committed to working with all families to make CA available.
- Many families will be eligible for some level of scholarship, based on financial need.
- All families may choose from various payment schedules and payment methods offered.
- All families may take advantage of tuition earning opportunities organized by CA parent groups (some families pay most, or even all, of their tuition through this).
Financial Aid Scholarships
Concordia Academy offers financial aid scholarships to assist families in the Twin Cities in making a private school tuition more affordable. Scholarships may range from $500 up to a maximum of one-half of a year’s tuition. All financial aid is based on the need or financial status of the student’s family, the number of requests received, and the amount of financial aid funds that are available for a given school year. Application deadlines for tuition assistance are March 1 and May 1 for the following academic year. We encourage families to apply by the March 1 deadline. This is due to the high numbers of financial aid applications that are submitted, in which Concordia Academy disburses over half of the funds available. Applicants will be notified by mail approximately 6 weeks following each deadline of any award. All applicants must be enrolled at Concordia Academy to be considered for a grant.
Concordia Academy uses a nationally recognized service, TADS, to process financial aid applications. TADS applies standardized criteria to determine to what extent each family needs assistance to pay for one year’s tuition. Concordia Academy’s financial aid committee uses information from the TADS process to allocate the amount of financial aid available. The TADS Financial Aid Worksheet below, is designed to assist in completing the application. Contact Kim Duis for questions on financial aid.
Concordia Academy would like to thank and acknowledge the following companies, foundations and individuals who give to the scholarship/financial aid fund. These funds allow us to help families afford the tuition costs to attend Concordia Academy.
Tuition Payment Options
Families may choose a payment schedule which best fits their needs.
- Spread your tuition and class fee payments equally over 12-months using the automatic payment system with TADS. This first payment begins in June with the last payment due in May.
- Spread your tuition and class fee payment equally over 10-months using the automatic payment system with TADS.
- Pay in full by check by July 15 and receive a 2% discount off your tuition.
- Pay tuition and class fees in two payments, with payments in August and the final payment in January.
- Extended payment plans are available via Your Tuition Solution offering a variety of terms for loans from $2,000-$40, 000 with a fixed Annual Percentage Rate (APR) and no application fee. Your Tuition Solution is an independent financial organization apart from Concordia Academy. Concordia Academy does not receive any benefits for using this program.
For questions about the Tuition Payment Schedules and Methods contact Kim Duis or call at 651-484-8429 ext. 114.
Parent Fundraising for Tuition
Many Concordia Academy parents earn tuition dollars through non-profit organizations independent of Concordia Academy. The Concordia Academy Parent Group operates concession stands during events at Target Field, the Metrodome and the Xcel Center. Many families have worked hard and been able to pay some or even all of their tuition in full by taking advantage of this program. For more information on the group, contact information, and how to join, please click here.
2016-2017 Tuition Rates
Association Tuition: $9,800 (Students of families from Association Congregations)
Base Tuition: $10,500
International Student tuition: $17,000
Annual Student Fees: $347-$442 per year (see below)
All New Students: $100
New International Students: $200
All Returning Students: $100 by March 1 (After March 1: $150; After July 1: $200)
Annual student fees are paid by every student each school year and are non-refundable once school starts. Annual student fees for the 2012-2013 school year are:
Grade 9: $404 (inclues matriculation fee and PE uniform)
Grade 10 and 11: $347
Grade 12: $407 (includes graduation fee)
New Students in grade 10 and 11: $382
New Students in grade 12: $442
All students are assessed a $262 Activity Fee, composed of items such as yearbook, student activity pass, and technology.
Athletic Fees: Concordia Academy assesses a fee of $150 per athlete per sport season, with a limit of $300 in fees for each athlete per school year. Fees for certain co-op sports, such as hockey and wrestling, are assessed separately and typically are higher due to increased program costs.
Is It Worth It?
Each family must ultimately answer this question for themselves. Christine Berry, a CA parent, shared with us her thoughts on this question. You can read what Christine wrote at the top of the green sidebar to the right. Dr. Berner or any of us at CA would also love the opportunity to help you better understand what CA has to offer. Contact us or stop by at anytime.
Contacts for Tuition and Financial Aid
If you have additional financial questions please contact Kim Duis or call 651-484-8429 ext. 114.