Hello and welcome! We are so pleased that you are interested in becoming part of the Concordia Academy community. Concordia Academy, a premier Christian High School, is a fully accredited, co-educational, college preparatory school offering international students a chance to experience American education. What we look for in our international students is a focused desire to learn and a passion to experience another culture. Our international students have a rigorous academic schedule, but we also encourage participation in extra curricular activities such as sports, music and the arts! The SLEP or TOEFL exam is required for all applicants so that we may establish English proficiency (we do not offer ESL courses). For accepted students, we issue F-1 visas that are intended for students who are looking to finish their high school education at Concordia Academy.
In order for an international student to apply to Concordia Academy, the following paperwork must be completed and submitted to Sofia Farone:
- A recommendation form completed by a teacher at the student’s current school.
- A one-page essay written in English by the student about him/her self
- An academic transcript
- A financial statement from the family, indicating the family’s ability to pay the tuition and fees
- Proof of health insurance
- The address and phone number of the host family the student will be living with (Concordia Academy-Roseville does not provide boarding or host families but can provide suggestions of who to contact to setup living arrangements).
- A $200.00 U.S. non-refundable registration fee.
- The MSHSL Transfer Report
- SLEP or TOEFL test results
Applicants in China may work with our partner Concordia Student Center who is our authorized ambassador overseas. Please visit Concordia Student Center for more information.
After the above paperwork is submitted, a phone, Skype, or personal interview with the student will be scheduled with the Principal by the Director of Admissions of Concordia Academy.
Upon acceptance, a letter will be sent to the student stating that he or she has been accepted to Concordia Academy. The I-20 form will accompany the acceptance letter.
To apply for a student visa, the student will need to have the following documentation to take to the embassy interview:
- a passport
- the acceptance letter from Concordia Academy
- the I-20 form from Concordia Academy
- the receipts for any payments made to Concordia Academy
- proof of long term financial support during the student’s time of study
- proof of connections to the student’s home country and that he or she will return when their studies are completed.
The student will need to show basic communication skills in English to complete the interview at the embassy.
When the student receives visa approval, he or she should make travel plans and contact Concordia Academy with the date of arrival.
In the event that a student visa is denied, a full refund, minus the registration fee of $200.00 U.S., will be made upon presentation of the official government denial.
Links for International Student Forms: Please download all forms.
Procedures for International Students
International Student Data form
International Student Application
MSHSL Transfer Report (Required by MSHSL for all high school transfer students.)
Concordia Academy is a member of the Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL). MSHSL rules allow F1 students to play interscholastic sports for one calendar year at the junior varsity level.